Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 02:12:05 EDT
>From: Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I don't wish to start food WWIV here, but I'm kinda wondering what the
>group thinks about this food I found at Tractor Supply.
> <http://www.tractorsupply.com/pet-care/cat-products/cat-food/dry-cat-food/4health-trade-all-life-stage-cat-food-18-lb--1152999>

Hi Debbie ~ I listed the ingredients below from the web site.

Formulations for pets are so varied it is hard to keep up. I would be
concerned at the chicken meal in the second spot. It's a filler. Then
the cracked barley is also a filler but will cause weight gain and it's
still in the beginning of the list. Then I have to ask why chicory? It
can be an irritant to many, and blueberries seem useless. It seems
over-formulated. I'd stick to better ones.

Warmly ~
Mary L. Conley, N.D.
Conley Farm Herbs
Shepherdstown, West Virginia

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken meal, egg product, cracked pearled
barley, ground rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols),
salmon, potatoes, natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, sodium bisulfate,
oceanfish meal, potassium chloride, methionine, choline chloride,
dried chicory root, taurine, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, tomatoes,
blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary
extract, parsley flake, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation
products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus,
Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma
longibrachiatum fermentation extract, zinc proteinate, vitamin E
supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc
sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate,
vitamin A supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate,
riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12
supplement, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, vitamin D supplement,
folic acid.