From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:27:27 -0400
Hello Friends of Ferret Wise and FML readers,

It is with great PLEASURE I relay that the Ferret Wise Website is
MOVING TO A NEW HOST location.

OUR EDUCATIONAL information will remain available for ferret folks
everywhere!

We have a number of folks to thank for this great occassion : Clair C.,
Kat P., Catherine B, Jed B, Nanci G and Dorothy B.

You have all played an integral part in allowing us to provide
educational information for the public at large and not in the least
ferrets everywhere!

In the next week our host service will be transferred. Kat P has
offered to provide updates for us. This is such a gift to have the
work continue on!

It will be 16 years of service to ferrets on Jan 5th, 2011. How will
you help us celebrate?

For those of you who inquired if you could assume our non profit
status-- Ferret Wise is not for transfer you must obtain your own non
profit status in the start you reside in and after that you can apply
for federal non profit status.

Ferret Wise continues to provide hospice care for 23 ferrets in 4
separate locations ( hospice locations), we continnue to hold annual
ferret education days at Boston Children's Museum where literally
HUNDREDS you young people and their parents get to meet, touch, pet
ferrets, the only service we do not provide is shelter / adoptions.
Though our support net has dwindled our work has quietly continued
on. and we are most thankful that a few wonderful folks stepped up to
insure the education stays on the internet to benefit the ferrets.

We are the ferret resource library for the NH dept of Agriculture. We
continue to work with police departments that have no shelter resources
available, and we still provide referral placement services to a number
of ferrets in the New England area who need a new home.We report that
only on ONE INSTANCE has a family needing referral assistance ever sent
a donation to defray the costs of upkeep on the website / email, etc.
The general public still views our special animals as a disposable pet.

For those who have not seen our website please visit:
http://www.ferretwise.org

If you would like to join our team of supporters and hep us continue
education and hospice care for our elder ferret residents we are most
appreciative, there is a SECURE paypal button on the web site, or you
can feel secure mailing to our PO Box 561, Marlborough, NH 03455-0561.

Again, Thanks to you all for being there.. and for those who have
supported our endeavors over the years, we hope to be able to assist
more ferrets in the coming years!

Alicia for Ferret Wise