From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:10:25 -0700
Hey everyone!

It has been quite a while since I last posted so I thought I'd send
out a quick update note before my final "sign off" ... I've just been
lurking when time allows after my last furkid, Charlie, went to the
Bridge this past January. You may remember that he had suffered (but
battled courageously) for 6 months with an virtually unknown and very
rare condition (in ferrets) until it was finally diagnosed as pemphigus
vulgaris - a type of auto immune disease that attacks the immune system
much like AIDS in humans and presents the same symptoms and condition.
I miss Sir Charles, my precious Dante Doodlebug, and all of my kids so
much and still think of all of them often. Can't believe it's already
been 7 yrs. since I was introduced to my first pair of fuzzies, Sasha &
Snowball, when I lived in Missouri. Oh how my life has changed since
becomming a ferret mom!!! All for the better! :-D

Well, since January there have been many new changes around here - I
purchased my first home in April which has a separate, dedicated "pet
room" that will be for ferrets down the road when I decide to adopt
more. Right now, however, I have my hands FULL with a very long "to
do" list of home repairs/renovations and in May I adopted a 10 wk.
old border collie-cockapoo puppy. Sadie is 5 months old now and a
beautiful, very intelligent, fun puppy but she's also VERY high energy
and needy and wants to play 24/7. I swear - it's just like raising a
new baby!!! She's in obedience classes and has puppy play dates so my
life is good but chock full at the moment. When it's not as hectic and
Sadie is a bit "calmer", I'm going to think about introducing her to
ferrets as I soo miss having them around the house and now have a room
just for them (although I need to refinish the hardwood flooring in it).

So I'm going to unsubscribe from the FML for the time being but PLEASE
do feel free to email me directly to stay in touch as there are sooo
many wonderful ferret people I've met through the years that I don't
want to lose contact with. Also, if you're ever in or around the
beautiful Pacific NW, don't hesitate to let me know! I always enjoy
meeting fellow ferret lovers in person!

You can go here to see photos of my new house (pre-move in), Sadie,
and all my furkids: http://community.webshots.com/user/Flyinirish33

All the best of God's blessings to you! Live, laugh, and love like
there's no tomorrow :-)

Jennifer Brown (and Sadie)
Seattle, WA
"Our purpose in life is to find our gift, perfect it, and give it back
to others"