From:
Melissa Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:17:55 -0400
Hello to the wonderful bridge greeters!

Could one of you please do a greeting for Fae? She passed quietly in
her sleep last night. Fae was a Marshall Farms we rescued along with
her brother "Buddy" in August 2001. She was around 6 mos- 1 year at the
time. She and Bud were taken from the rental house next door after the
two women who lived there had a spat and both moved out, abandoning 2
ferrets and 3 dogs. Animal Control got the dogs; we took the ferrets.
Bud left us about 2 years ago, but Fae seemed determined to live
forever.

Fae was skittish and shy as a youngster, but in her later years she
became an affectionate snuggler who loved to be held and petted. She
ruled the roost over our 4, then 3 boys, although in the last couple of
months she had greatly slowed down, spending most of her time napping
except to get up to eat, drink, and potty. She had almost quit eating
over the last few days, and we were going to take her in Monday for a
mercy shot. But she retained her dignity to the end and I found her
curled in a blanket this morning, apparently asleep. When I tried to
wake her to have some water I found she was already gone. Since she
was at least 9 1/2 years old, she had a good, long ferret life.

Mischief, Max, Merlin and Buddy will all be waiting for her at the
bridge.

Thanks,
Melissa & Harry Bell
Cabo, Mellon and Spaz; missing the 4 (now 5) at the bridge