Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:20:11 -0400
Dear Sandee Ferret:

Please be on the lookout for a beautiful, sweet little girl named
Milano Coddington. Milano was helped over the bridge on Saturday, April
17 and was a very, very sick little girl. I took her to the vet on
Friday and told her Thursday night if she had to cross over, it was
okay with me because she would eat, weasel war dance and have fun
rustling through newspapers. Milano loved to hold a jingle ball in her
paws and roll it around. I could always hear when she was playing with
a ball and would go watch her and smile. Milano was a DMK ferret and
only had her forever home with me for two years. She was chosen with
her friend Lucy as Lucy reminded my son, Rylan, of our first ferret,
Zoe. I don't even know if Lucy and Milano were always together, but
when we went to help with the Ohio/DMK rescue, they were together, so
they went home with us. Both were biters and most definitely not very
social, but Milano (I called her Lano or Milly) turned out to be the
most beautiful ferret I've ever had and the most loving. She gave
kisses to everyone and I used to hold her and just tell her how much
I loved her. I hope she knew. I am devastated with her loss and was
heartbroken to see her so sick and weak. While the decision was being
made to help her cross and no longer suffer, the only thing moving on
her was her right ear and it would twitch when I talked to her, so I
pray she heard me and she knew her Mom was with her at the end.

Dance on, sweet Milano. You are no longer in pain, you can eat all you
want, there are piles of newspapers to snorkel through and lots of
jingle balls to play with. Go find Zoe and see if she can show you
around. I miss you so much it hurts. I love you and you had to know
that you were my very special sweet girl and I will miss your kisses.

Love, your Mommy, Julie Coddington, Rylan, your two-legged "big
brother," and the rest of the Coddington Crew: Lucy and Stewart, your
ferrety family and the cats, Wendell, Bella and Clover.