From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:02:03 -0400
Pester has begun to go into a series of extremely deep sleep. I can
pick her up and move her around, set her down and she never wakes up.
The only way I know she is still alive is her breathing and eventually
she will raise her head to look at me. Is totally amazing how deep a
slumber she goes into.

Is fun to watch her wake up after I have moved her to a different room
and different sleeping place. She wakes up and I can see her mind
cranking WTF ? ? ? ? Ha! But is sad where I have had other ferrets get
like that and they soon after would expire. Pester is between 4 and 5
years old. Could be 6 but don't really think so. As you know I got her
from Ferrets First in Annandale, Va. who arranged transport for her
and Peekaboo from West Virginia to Annandale. Robin then arranged for
another person to bring them both to meet me in Fredericksburg, Va.
where I brought them here, their forever home. The original person that
began the transport kept them at his home in West Virginia for a couple
days so these guys did some traveling before they got here. They of
course were quite confused and disoriented but quickly adapted to their
new cage and home.

When they got here I left them in the cage 24x7 for about a week so
they would become well acquainted with their new abode. That seemed
to work very well where I would let them out and over time they would
always go back to the cage on their own to crash in their hammies.
Either they loved that cage or they were grabbing for something stable
to reside in. But even today Pester will always go back to that cage
and lay down after being out long enough, all this on her own. Very
convenient!

Am very glad to have her. She sleeps with me, is comforting to get into
bed and feel that 'warm lump' under the bed spread where she has curled
up to rest with me.

Gordon and Pest R. Doodle

_12-2Envelope