From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:05:44 -0700
>How much can a ferret ingest in one sit in? Two table spoons of baby
>food or a four once jar of baby food? An entire hopper (juvie mouse)?
>Two adult mice?

Mine could only put away one adult mouse at a sitting, and there was
usually some left over.

>What parts of a mouse or chick do the ferrets leave behind or eat
>last?

Mine  left the feet for last or not at all.

>Does a ferret get incited by something flailing or is it discouraged?

Had two half polecats and they never got excited, but my ferret Miss
Hiss was very predatory, and got excited by movement and baby noise.
Which is why the two were kept apart.

>What is the nature of those bites ... does the species tend to bite
>and be done or does the species tend to "eat"? Does the animal shred
>or clean cut chomp things off? What kind of damage occurs?

With most ferrets I've had it's bite and hold, some bite and run, and
one would would bite, release, bite, release.

>When a ferret digest bones, are they as thin as toothpicks such as
>what is found in a mouse, or hollowish such as found in a chick?
>How long does a ferret take to "eat" bone when it does?

With mine that ate mice, it would take about 45 minutes to an hour.
Never could get the female to eat chicks, she stashed them in her bed.

>Has a study been done or likened to DOMESTIC ferret jaw strength? What
>can a ferret bite in half, what cant he?

Mine couldn't bite anything in half, even n-bones. They had to chew and
chew. Don't know if this will help any, but it's been my experience.

Sandy and the Dook City Gang
Rainbow Crew; Chelsea, Valentine, Jasmine, Tasha, Boris, Taz, Sugar,
Honey, Popov, Katie, Kovu, Miss Hiss, Misha, and Kiki