From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 26 Jun 2011 18:01:06 -0700540_- This is the last week to get $5 off vendor booth rental at Chicago's
23rd Annual Greatest Ferret Show on Earth, sponsored by Ferret Depot,
sanctioned by the American Ferret Association, and presented by the
Greater Chicago Ferret Association.

So far we have 13 confirmed vendors: The Hidey Hole, Casey's Hidden
Pantry, Ferret Depot, Mary Van Daan email from
the guy myself and so i got ahold of shrone and they had already gotten
the ferret i was told..

Susan
Arkansas Ferret Rescue Shelter

[Posted in FML 6933]51_4Jan201100:19:[log in to unmask] 1101 1627 13 13_Re: MO Rescue12_S & J [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 16:16:08 -0600267_- Sorry it took so long to get back. One of our wonderful foster parents
with the Kansas City Ferret Hotline has had him in her home since Dec.
30.

Happy New Year and fuzzy hugs to all
June, volunteer with KC Ferret Hotline

[Posted in FML 6933]44_4Jan201116:16:[log in to unmask] 1101 1641 18 41_Feret wheelchair (or something like that)6_Dave [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 13:43:40 EST414_- Group,

My wife and I foster for several ferrets and one ferret is having a
heck of a time getting around (Stewart Not-So Little). I was wondering
if anyone has any experience with ferret wheelchairs? Where can I find
one? How expensive are they? How well do ferrets adapt? I will have to
pay for this out of my pocket so I am looking for something reasonable.
Feel free to cross-post. [...]35_4Jan201113:43:[log in to unmask] 1101 1660 17 17_Texas vets needed13_Carol J [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 02:16:54 -0700341_- Someone in the Air Force here is moving to San Angelo, Texas soon with
two ferrets and his family. It is about an hour south of Abilene or
two hours north of Sn Antonio. Does anyone know of ferrets vets in San
Angelo or the area?

Thanks,

Carol J.Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ

[Posted in FML 6933]47_4Jan201102:16:[log in to unmask] 1101 1678 36 57_Has Anyone Else Had A Problem With The Melatonin Implant?13_Becky [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 07:46:31 -0800553_- My name is Becky. We have used the melatonin implant for several
ferrets. In April 2010 our ferret Snowball receieved another implant.
(not her first) About 2 hours later she was pawing at her mouth,
gagging and not acting right. Luckily we hadn't made the 62 mile trip
home yet. They told us to bring her in. This was the only thing she had
had done so they took her in and removed it. We left when we knew she
was alright. I emailed Melatek and told them what happened. I received
an email back saying they had never heard [...]43_4Jan201107:46:[log in to unmask] 1101 1715 91 62_In fewer than 10 days I have now heard of 3 cases of poisoning14_Sukie [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 13:59:10 -0500385_- This is heartbreaking. None of them were accidental though none of them
were meant to be poisonings, of course, and all were avoidable.

One of them had a bad ending but also a good ending because the loving
person with that ferret is trying to teach other people how to avoid
poisoning situations so she may save a number of ferrets' lives through
education. [...]41_4Jan201113:59:[log in to unmask] 1101 1807 36 11_many thanks14_Sukie [log in to unmask], 4 Jan 2011 19:44:21 -05001303_- Many thanks to Meryl Faulkner who found this additional resource:

<http://veterinaryteam.dvm360.com/firstline/Veterinary+team/Top-10-human-medications-that-poison-pets/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/652083>

which also leads to useful websites such as:

Client Handouts:

<http://veterinaryteam.dvm360.com/firstline/Veterinary+tech
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:34:01 -0600
This email came to our inbox last night. Is there a shelter somewhat
close to Moline, Illinois (Quad City area) who can help these people?
If so, please email us at [log in to unmask] and we will
put you in touch with this family. Thanks!

Love,
Zoo