From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:53:32 -0500
I was digging around in some old poems I wrote, and found this one from
10/08. I thought y'all would like to read it and get a good cry, stress
relief, ya know??!

A Kit's Sorrowed Tale

Why do you not love me,
was it something I did?
The store man was right,
I am a good kit!

Please tell me, my human,
what did I do wrong ?
You used to hold me everyday,
and sing me pretty songs.

I was so happy when back at the store,
but now I am sad, it's not true anymore.
I played and I slept,I had food everyday,
but now I'm so thirsty, my drink went away.

My bed is so stinky, there is no fresh air,
I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, my humans, don't care!
Oh where are my humans, they said they'd take care,
of my food and my water, and having fresh air.

The hurt in my tummy, I have it no more,
I'm getting so wobbly, can't stand on the floor.
I'm so very tierd, can't cry anymore,
I wan't to be back with my friends at the store.

I'd tell them about all the mean humans there,
I called for them often, but they didn't care.
I can't even cry now, can't move anymore,
I'm feeling so strange, What?! Do I see my store?

Hey ! What is that bridge and all that I see?
Is that bridge the rainbow where they'll take care of me?
I'm feeling much better, my tummy feels full.
Still this is my question, are all humans cruel?

Kit... said his new friend, they're not all that way,
some humans, they fight for our rights everyday.
We are so sorry, life wasn't the best,
But here you are safe little one, now, go rest.

So tierd, so weary, he waddled away,
he spotted a friend, Hey! come here, come this way!
He climbed up on top of the soft ferret pile,
and went off to sleep, then and there as he smiled.

        sp/ 10/08