Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:24:12 -0400
From:
ferretdance83 <[log in to unmask]>
We are seriously considering making Ferrets at Heart a nonprofit
"rescue/hospice". As we are requested to take in more ferrets, being
a 503(C) might help us bring in more support. It is time for more
deslorelin, and you know how expensive that can be. With two confirmed
adrenal cases and two possible adrenals, paying for that is going to
be a problem. Templeton has DOUBLED in weight in one month; if that
doesn't tell us that there is need along with what we know of our other
ferrets' backgrounds and resulting medical issues... We are going to
see what kind of local support we can gather -- in addition to our
online activities -- before taking further steps to become a nonprofit.

On a lighter note, everyone has those moments when you are simply
stunned by your weasels. I had one of those moments over-the-weekend.
Sometimes, they just do something so smart that you are amazed. My
Super Pet Ferret Kingdom has doors and four different levels (If you
turn door panels upside-down, you get doors a bit higher up, closer to
those hard-to-reach shelves.). One door is perhaps 16 inches off the
ground, making a good jump for active ferrets (not as high up as a
couch or chair). Of course, there is a soft place to land. Ayla is a
small-boned pear-shaped older female (tiny shoulders + fat tummy). She
is "allergic" to most exercise, but she insists on going out that door,
rather than the two at the base level of the cage. I never paid much
attention to how the furkids get out of that door, except to note the
small thud that occurs, when they land on the cushion below. It turns
out that most of them just "dive" out the door head-first. Ayla is
smarter. She, it turns out, backs out the door, until she is holding on
to the wire by only her hands, and then lets go. That took reasoning
skills! Did I mention it was cute to see? And, she repeats the routine
every time!

All the weasel hoard want you to know that the last week has been
encouraging for us on eBay, so we've put up more handmade ferret
bedding auctions. FMLers have been mainly purchasing for the Ferret
Giving Tree ferrets, finding our auctions to be good values. Remember
that you can combine shipping with Ferrets-at-Heart eBay auctions and
ferretsatheart.com items; just email us after your auctions have ended
with a list of the ferretsatheart.com items you want to add to your
order, and we'll send you an invoice to cover everything.

Here's what is up on eBay this week:
(Everything ends Sun. Oct. 24 afternoon/evening)

8 pc. American flag bedding set
6 pc. set of toys that spells out F-E-R-R-E-T
9 pc. big bright flowers bedding set
9 pc. Indian (Native American) bedding set
9 pc. sunflower bedding set

See those five auctions at:

http://shop.ebay.com/ferrets-at-heart/m.html

You can buy most of those sets right now on our website. Smaller sets
and individual items are also available.

With respect,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart
http://ferretsatheart.com/

 ...and Rhys, Ayla, Codo, Mandie, Winter,
Holly, Charlie, and Templeton