From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:43:20 -0400
Possum Senior Reporter - Suzie Q cub reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge
September 2010

Possum Here: Where did our summer go? It is September already so that
means mum will be busy running in and out again - it also means that
grape festival is just around the corner September 25/26

Will the shelter helpers that said they would come one more weekend to
finish up the yard sale please let mum know when and who are going to
come help - Miss Jackie - Miss Ginger and Mr Joe have already signed up
to help - Mr Joe is going to play with his chain saw around here too -
he is going to help mum get some of the things that need taken down out
of here -

Suzie Q: Mum has a brand new place for humans to help us and others if
they wish - it looks pretty cool - we are not sure how it is going to
work but we are up for trying it out - go take a look -
<http://ferretfarm.thegivingeffect.com/>

Poppet and Munchkin W. came for a play time visit - after play time
their dad packed them up and headed out the door - shelter mum went
back to cleaning some cages and putting kids away - mum heard the bell
out on the porch so she went to see what was up -

Poppet and Munchkins' dad was back - he says to mum - "I think I have
a stow away" - sure enough Skooter put himself in the carrier with the
play mates - he almost went home with the Walker kids - Mum does not
allow fur kids to mix like that - but Skooter got himself in there all
by himself - mum is still shaking her head on how he managed that -
Tobias came for a play date - Stitch came to play too - mum loves it
when the kids she adopted out or helped to find a home come to visit
with her -

Possum Here: Miss Iliana - Miss Donna - Miss Jackie - all came to help
mum at one time or another they do not all come at the same time - mum
has been real busy canning up the veggies she grew and some that
shelter friends brought to her - so Miss Jackie and Miss Iliana have
been keeping up with our play spaces so mum does not have too - while
she is busy canning - Miss Donna has been keeping the yard done and the
bushes trimmed and our play yard mowed - she makes our yard look
awesome -

We had new people come to see us - Maeve wanted a ferret and her
parents wanted her to visit to see what it takes to care for us - They
decided that ferrets were not the pet they thought we were and we fur
kids were not for them - that is okay at least they checked us out
first to make sure -

Suzie Q : My turn Possum - Mum has a special request - she would like
you to go though your things and see if you have any of these items
hanging around the house - we are in direr need - mums word not mine -
I don't even know what it means - my guess it is pretty bad - of news
papers - Miss Jackie and Miss Mindy brought us some but as our pee pads
wear out mum is going back to news papers in the cages - she is only
using the pee pads for the sick kids now - home made ones not the
disposable ones -

She would like to know if you have canning jars hanging around - big
ones - little ones - jelly jars - she had to buy some new ones cause
she ran out when she was canning this season - oh and our microwave we
use in the kitchen for heating up our duck soup is dying so if you have
one hanging around that needs a new home mum will re-home it for you -

also mum discovered that Wegman's uses coroplast signs for advertising
- that's what mum uses around her for just about everything - one day
when she stopped there to get some things she tried to get them to give
her the pieces they were throwing away but the 2 people she spoke too
did not want to be bothered with her - so will you guys see if the
places around where you live use the coroplast advertising sighs - if
they do can you see if they toss them and if so will they give them to
you for us -

- they are the kinds of sighs you see at gas stations and mini-marts
hanging on the big poles out side - here mum found a link to show you
what she is talking about in case you to do not know what coroplast is
<http://www.signsanddisplayswarehouse.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=39>

Possum Here: Mum figures if they are going to just throw the signs away
she may just as well recycle them here at that shelter - so can you
guys please ask around and see if you can get the stores to send them
your way when they are done with them -

mum did not know what it was or how awesome they are until Miss Mindy
and her mum Miss Gail got her some from where they worked - their work
was throwing them away so they grabbed it for mum - only now Miss Mindy
does not work where she used to and she no longer has access to it -
Mum posted for some on the giving effect place too -

Suzie Q: Miss Mindy came one Saturday to help mum get the cages and
carriers out of the basement - power washed - and stretch wrap - that
was an all day job - they got hot - tired - dirty and wet - but the
cages are all out of the basement - mum got them up to the barn on
Sunday - it was almost 6 at night when Miss Mindy and mum got them
done so mum kicked Miss Mindy out told her to go home -

Possum Here: We probably should tell the folks that there is no shelter
day on September 5 - mum is going to spend the afternoon with her 2
legged furless grand kids and her adult children - mum has not seen
them all summer so she wanted to see them before they went back to
school -

What do you think Suzie - I have no more notes do you -

Suzie Q: nope I believe we have all the notes mum left us covered - we
will close the news for now - signing off until next month.

Super Snooper Trooper Senior Reporter signing off until next month too!

our new store site
http://www.notjustforferrets.com/
Newest Shelter Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU