Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:56:20 EDT
I just got home from the hospital, the day of my discharge my doctor
came in and ask me if I was ready to go home, I said sure am, been
without my ferrets for two weeks and I really miss them.

Then he said, Ferrets? Why would anyone want to keep a vicious predator
like a ferret in their house, was I not afraid of getting bit every
time I went into their room?

I think he was relating to the black footed wild ferret so I informed
him all about our fur babies and about all they attack is their food
dish and maybe a toy. So no wonder why we have so many in our shelters
if people think they are wild animals and vicious at that.

Our club/shelter has a meeting each month at one of the library's in
the valley and invite any one to come in and see what these guys are
all about and some people are surprised at what they see.

At a yard sale for the kids we had a few in a pen outside with us and a
young Mexican girl came up and immediately turned around and yelled at
her momma, Momma esta ratta, esta ratta, So I told her that they were
not rats but ferrets

Strange world
Patrick