From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 22:12:40 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret and de kits were curled up
sound asleep along in her blankets on de floor. Such a nice afternoon
to take a nap. The door was open wide to let de cool breezes come
through. All of a sudden, she was startled by a loud noise in her ear.

"SawaFewwet, SawaFewwet, wake up!"

Three guesses and de first two don't count. Of course it was Dexter, de
little boy courier. Needless to say, SaraFerret was awake. She didn't
need to have that loud noise in her ear more than once. So she got up
from her blankets and motioned to de kits to just go back to sleep.
Then Dexter told her about his very important mission.

"SawaFewwet, its a good thing you woke up. I has this note from the
Boss. This lady has requested that you gweet her fewwet who is cwossing
the bwidge. You knows how upset the Boss gets when you is late or
messes up. Here is the note. Is there anyone you wants me to get?"

I read de note and told him who to get (with de fond hope that he would
get the right fuzzies). Then I scampered to de entrance. I was just in
time to see a little silvered out sable peeking out at me from one of
de logs. So I quickly introduced myself.

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me me with his cute little babyface and those little round
ears and said, "I am so relieved. For a while I was afraid that maybe
I wasn't at the right place. That I was at a rabbit or a cat place or
wherever. But then I saw that you were a ferret and I KNEW that I was
OKAY. Mommy told me all about the Bridge, but I was still confused.
She told me that all my friends would be here, but I don't see them
anywhere. Did she just tell me a story to make me feel better? She was
always so good to me: she took care of me when my old family wanted to
take me to the pound and get rid of me. She held me in her arms and
loved me. Did you ever have a Mommy like that? Or was my Mommy the only
one of her kind? Oh yeah, forgot to tell you my name, its Franklin, I
knew there was something I was sposed to tell you."

I said, "Well Franklin, its nice to meet you. I can understand your
confusion. I was very confused when I first crossed. And I had a Mommy
that was very good to me and held me when I LET her. There are many
fuzzies here that have had good rescue mommies and daddies who took
them in when their other families didn't want them. We were lucky.
You will see your friends later so you must be patient a little while
longer. I know its hard. By the way, what is in that heavy backpack
you carried across?" (You see unlike humans, fuzzies can take anything
they can stuff in their backpack when they cross).

He looked at me with suspicious eyes for de first time and said, "Why
do you ask? Don't you have things of your own? I just brought a few
things for my friends." I laughed and told him, "Franklin, I don't
want your things. I am just curious like any fuzzy. It has just been
so long since I was on earth that I want to see what others bring." So
he carefully unzipped his pack and took out six chicken stix, a tiny,
very tiny bottle of oil, a small piece of fleece blanket, and a small
cloth bag which he said contained a piece of Mommy's heart. I admired
each and every thing and then we carefully and with great effort (MERCY
HOW DID HE EVER GET ALL DIS STUFF INTO DAT PACK) got it into de pack
and zipped it up again almost. (a small piece of chicken stix stuck
out-oh well).

Then I told him about the wings. "Wings?" he questioned me. "Why would
I need wings for?" I replied, "Oh they are perfect for flying about the
clouds, should beats hopping from cloud to cloud. And you are gonna get
your very own special pair."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de Wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box--of course.
He opened de box and took out his wings--neon blue with gold flecks. I
helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Then he ran to de
big vanity mirror and saw his reflection--a handsome sable with a cute
babyface staring back at him. Then he turned to me and said, "Gee I
wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and to Franklin's surprise, dere was Noel, Bandit,
and Bubbles waiting for him. He said, "Oh gosh, I should have known
Mommy wasn't just telling me a story to make me feel better." He was so
happy. So we went down de path to de Misting Pond and sat down beside
de cool clear water. With one swish he saw a vision of Mommy Cindy
appear. He got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of
his might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me
and not letting me go to the pound. I found my friends here. I feel so
much better and I am a sable once again. And you would never believe
this, but I has wings now and soon I will be able to fly like a
butterfly."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

We went down de road to dere cottage where you could see a party was
started. The others whispered among theirselves and ran on ahead.
Fuzzies were running in and out of de cottage and I could hear music
a-playing. As we went in, Franklin was amazed at all de food, esp.
those forbidden on earth--chocolate of all kinds plus ice cold pepsis
so dear to a fuzzy's heart and squirt cheese and crackers: yum-yum. And
all de fuzzies, where did they come from, he asked me. They were his
new neighbors and some other fuzzies who had just stopped by wanting to
know who was the newcomer at de bridge--fuzzies are just like that. He
spotted Noel in a corner and managed to talk to her for a minute but as
flighty as she was, he got only a minute and then she was gone. But I
told him, he had an eternity to spend trying to get her to settle down
and he laughed. I was invited to stay and dance and eat some of de
food. But I had kits to chase and food to fix, so I gave Franklin a
hug and told dem all goodbye.

It was nice to see a group of friends reunited once again.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter