From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 03:06:44 -0400
Sable is a term used to refer to martens, though in the U.S. people
often think of it in terms of mink fur.

Look up Martes (taxonomic genus) in Google Images and you will find the
critter. It looked like Martes martes to me when I saw the video, but
if the gent accurately called it a "sable" then that apparently is used
to refer BOTH to a marten species from north-eastern Europe and another
from the U.S., and we all know that my eyes are not what they once were
so it could easily not be M. martes... (It is clearly a marten,
though.)

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/