From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:08:30 -0700
Often Banfields don't take care of the animals at Petsmart. I would ask
the manager or Banfield to even make sure. All they would do for us was
store the passed away animals in their freezer. They didn't actually
"see" reptiles or anything other than the rats. We had to make
appointments at other Banfields but usually went to an outside
veterinarian.

Depending on what you need, you could talk to the Pet Care manager or
any associate that works in petcare who cares. You'll know when you
talk to them if they care or not. I couldn't stand working there for
long because my words fell on many a deaf ear, especially the pet
manager, who was eventually fired for misconduct.

While I was there there were many brawls about medicines, ie. people
not giving sick animals their meds, reptiles wasting away w/o vet
care (which is how I know about the Banfields), etc. I'm surprised
they didn't fire me, but instead I was promoted out of the department.
Eventually I left to go back to school.

Laryssa