From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:07:12 -0700
About a week ago, I got a message from Denise Cummings of Denise's
Delightful Dookers in Auburn (35 miles South of us).

She had a call from someone in Bothell (near our shelter) who had
found a white ferret running loose.

She's at capacity, and the people with the ferret were much closer to
us, so she asked me if we could respond.

I met the woman at the shelter (they were going to be leaving for the
holiday weekend, and had no clue about caring for ferrets).

That was Tuesday, I think. I did the intake, and found an AVID
microchip. AVID reported that it was registered to Ferret City Shelter
in Mount Vernon (60 miles North of our shelter). I figured that the
ferret didn't hitch-hike down from Mount Vernon, but had been adopted
and lost. I contacted Lacey to see if I could get the owner's contact
info.

This morning, Lacey called with the information, I called the owners,
and met them at the shelter.

The owners were overjoyed to have their ferret back safe and sound!

That's how it's supposed to work.

If anyone knows of others doing ferret shelter/rescue work in the
Seattle/Puget Sound/Peninsula area, please contact me. I'm trying to
get us all together to get to know each other.

Kevin Farlee
Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter
Kirkland, Washington