From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 08:36:11 -0400
Ferrets find things they take a liking to and they just grab and run
with them. Once I had to move the bed and under the head area on the
floor was a neat little pile of treasures Nibble-ed had accumulated.
There were pens, pencils, nail clippers, coins, keys, silverware, all
kinds of things! Many of which I had searched high and low never ever
suspecting that little weasel had taken off with them.

The best was the umbrella I have come to really like. It has a plastic
thing on it that folds up like a camping water cup to cover it when not
in use. Is great! I kept it in the hall corner by the front door, on
occasion I would find it laying on the floor where the ferts would
knock it down to play with it. But I needed it and could NOT find it
anywhere! Man! I turned this house inside and out looking in every
room, every corner, every closet, just everywhere but it was not to
be found. For sure I had thought I had left it in a shopping cart at
Walmart and it was gone for all time now.

Months later after a million searches I was cleaning and had to move
the sleeper sofa in the family room. Under that heaviest of all
furniture was, well what do you think? On the floor was that umbrella!
Those little weasels had knocked it down, dragged it down the hall,
into the family room, around the corner, behind that couch and had
dragged it underneath where that would be the very last place I would
ever look for it making this prize as safe for them as it could get.
It worked for them, so far. Then "VIOLA!"! There it was fully intact
staring me in the face.

Umbrellas are not that heavy but they certainly are awkward especially
for a little one pound weasel but that was of no consequence. They must
have worked all night on that one and until then they met with the
greatest of success ! I bet they were curled up grinning deeply and
giggling knowing they 'got' me. And they did ! They got a double
dipping n the bucket of tar and extra feathers for that one! I left
raisin flavored fly paper out for them to play on.

That was several years ago but it still brings a big grin to me
thinking of it even now. Weasels! Ya can't help but love 'em !

Addy CEO
Remember, we live in a deadly dangerous beautiful world!

This garden of Eden is full of land mines!