From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:01:58 -0700
I have had ferrets since 1996, been a rescue since the summer of 1998
and a small private breeder since the end of 1998. I too had been
looking for an indistructble toy for the ferrets of all ages and I can
honestly say that the original "Kong" ( NOT the look a like Four Paws
makes) is one of the best safe toys out there for ferrets. I use the
black ones and the red ones. What I do with the red ones is trim the
small lip edge off of the bottom of the red ones so there would be no
chance for the ferrets to chew it off. I still have the original one I
bought for the ferrets 13-14yrs ago and it is still intact. One of my
ferrets Scooby (RIP) used to carry the large black Kong around and hide
it, it was his favorite toy. I buy the ones that has the dog on the tag
as it is the same exact toy as the one with the ferret on the tag, the
only difference is the price. Another good safe toy for ferrets to chew
on is the Nyla Bone toy for dogs, not the hard one but the one that is
a little softer and more translucient. This one I have had for about
11-12yrs and is still intact and my femals love playing with and hiding
them. These two brands of toys have been tested with ferrets I have had
from the age of 5wks to 14yrs old.

Debi Fuzzy Loving Ferrets