From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:07:18 -0500
Thank you all for your participation in this contest, little guy and
shelter mum found the suggestions wonderful.. Possum picked the winning
name!

Drum Roll Please

I offer the name Piglet- someone small, who eats a lot, is timid and
wants to be brave- kjc

Piglet had an appointment with our favorite Doc at 3 in the afternoon
on Friday the 5th, Miss Jackie is took him up.

When I took his picture this morning (Friday) he was much brighter and
more responsive than he had been yesterday.

I expect he will do very well once he gets settled in. Doc put him on
Pred and clavamox 2 times a day. He is eating drinking and pooping
well, he is not incontinent. His paralysis is on his left side, which
is what makes him list to that side, Doc and I both feel he was dropped
at some point in his young life. It is less than a week and he is
already showing signs of a kit, he still falls over (left) when he
tries to move about but it is becoming less as the days go by. I do
hope with exercise, love and attention he will get better and be up and
running like a kit should be. He spends his days up in mum's space in
the sick pen. I have throw rugs in there for traction. Piglet gets up
to use the pee pad so he is doing wonderfully. Thanks again for the
kind words, name suggestions and love you sent his way. Below are all
the name suggestions that came in. Shelter mum Brenda

As for the new ferret, my name suggestion is Reese. With his coloring
it made me think of champagne, and then my favorite type of wine, a
riesling. Well, Reese is kind of short for that and to me, he looks
like a Reese! Caren

Lucky (too obvious!), Cocoa , Benji, Adam, Milo, Kinglake (this is the
name of a town in Victoria that was completely destroyed in the Black
Saturday bushfires last year, but the people and the town are bouncing
back...just like this little boy is doing) Love, Nikki

My entry for the contest name is Zhanshi (means "fighter" in Chinese)
Sue

ADAM cuz he is getting a new life! DJ

Mum he is precious he looks like one we had come in from Katrina I
suggest LiL Man that was his name ... We Love yall .. Gingers faraway
family.. Mike saw his picture and thought Huxley was a cute name for
him. Nicky

Awww, he's a CUTIE!!!!

I like "Durk". Just different than "Dirk". Sue

I suggest the name Lucky because he is might lucky to be with you. Yu
take such good care of the shelter kids. Eileen

I offer the name Piglet- someone small, who eats a lot, is timid and
wants to be brave- kjc

hello this is Genevieve i think the new kid should be named Frank.

OOH a contest! I think I would name him Cinnamon because of his fur
color! :)

How about Sweetie-Pie? That is such a sweet, trusting little face.
Laraine and my 5 fuzzies

>How about DD's Mikie, as in Mike. Donna

Ham, short for Hamish - Hamish is an archetypal male Scottish name. The
name is uncommon outside of Scotland, Australia and New Zealand. Its
English equivalent is James,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_%28name%29> which is a variant of
the Hebrew name Jacob. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_%28name%29>
The name Hamish originates from the lenited form of the Scottish Gaelic
name Seumas. The lenited vocative case form is spelled 'a Sheumais',
pronounced 'uh HEM-ish'. The first syllable of Hamish itself is
normally pronounced like the English word "hay". Hamish is often used
as a name for a Scottish person in fiction, or when a person's name
isn't known but their nationality is apparent from the speaker's
accent, similar to Jock. Pete Poor guy! He looks kinda like my voodoo.
He looks like a Spencer or a Dexter to me! very sweet. Danielle

Aubrey- since he's from Auburn Deena

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org <http://www.ferretfarm.org/>

Petfinder Page