From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:20:45 -0500
These days Telemna is roaned to be almost entirely white with a sort
of high grade, shiny white, sterling silver tinge when seen from afar.

I thought you'd enjoy the video. Sadly, she does not like being filmed.
I have to wonder if she hears some component of the cameras working.
We've tried three.

You will notice that they dragged away a strip we used to protect the
wall from litter pot accidents, and that shortly before the filming
another was happily dragging around a food dish, spilling it this way
and that. The scale lived in there for a little while because they
loved to get on it and force it to jiggle then ride it, but it did not
give reliable readings there.

Steve jokes about the kit photo that if he had not photoshopped out her
nearby poop accident fewer people would have stolen it and we'd have
saved a lot of time reminding people that it is copyright protected.
The weirdest one was when a British newspaper actually used it in a
story about a male, standard marking ferret who was found in a French
restaurant and saved. We don't know if someone telling them about the
story or someone in the British paper who wrote photo credits and
legends was responsible for mess up.

Yes, you will have seen it in Ferrets Magazine which bought the rights
to use it as they wish. Steve took the shot.

Steve and I gave Telemna to each other as our silver anniversary gift
five years ago in May. She was very silver as a kit and her name
reflects that. Steve keeps saying it would be a very good name for a
platinum haired girl. Obviously, we are well past those years...

http://tingilinde.typepad.com/starstuff/2010/03/telemna-is-five.html

I just figured that with the fighting which has been happening people
might enjoy a light moment.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/