From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:48:16 -0500
Dear Michelle,

I am very sorry for the wait on this greeting, but we have been very
busy up here as of late. So with that apology made I will go on ......
I was on my out for a nice autumn walk when I ran into my brother
Hobbes. He was bundled up, as usual, because he isn't much for brisk
weather. I am however and I love these crisp afternoons as twilight
approaches and and every thing seems to have the magical golden cast
to it.

"You have a few greetings to do Pie, there is one here for Missy Odo
and one for Brownie." he said and then he handed me two scrolls and
then huffed off. I know he's a grouch, but really, he's a lovable
grouch!

I opened up Missy Odo scroll first and was amazed to see a picture of
this beautiful, sable girl. It made me smile because she reminded me
of my baby sister River, who is still at home with mom. I saw that she
had siblings and cousins up here, so off I went in search of them. It
really did not take me very long because when we are loved, really
loved, those that knew us best in our earthly life, also know when
we are ready to come home to the Big Guy and the Rainbow Bridge.

It did not surprise me one bit as I rounded the corner to into the
flight field, I was greeted by five fuzzits. There was Ghost and Avalon
and Aggro and there were also Rascal and Bandit and all they could ask
was, when the heck were we going to get going and get Missy Odo!

Life on earth is a celebration indeed, but an arrival here is also to
be celebrated as well. The walk to the Bridge was a most wonderful one.
All of the trees were alive with color and we could smell hearth fires
on the wind and everything seemed to be all aglow in the season. We had
lanterns to light our way and the path was filled with colorful leaves
that gently dropped from the trees around us.

As we got to the Bridge it was just as the sun was setting. The sky was
filled with brilliant golds and pinks and even a hint of blue here and
there. The Bridge itself was glowing a soft pink and then, just when we
could not hold our breath any longer Missy Odo came across. She looked
so lovely and all silky and all beautiful in her dark sablness. It was
no surprise to me as the group of fuzzits I came with crowded around
her, kissing and hugging and dooking all about her. She had this huge
smile on her face and little tears of happiness in her eyes as she felt
al the love around her.

Afterwards, when there was a free moment for me to properly greet her,
she told me she had a message for you. It was a simple one, but one
from the heart.

"I love you mama"

I think that about says it all. You know that one day you will see her
again, you will see them all, and just like me, they will be waiting
for you at the Bridge ..... all that love, all those precious memories,
well you will have them all again and you will make more.

I then quietly left Missy Odo in care of her family and I opened the
second scroll with Brownie's name on it.