Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 07:01:20 -0400
Hi Pam,

I have been fostering and ferret sitting a large variety of ferrets
over the past 8 years and have found the following cage setup to be 99%
effective (except when the ferret is too infirm to crawl to the box).

1) Use appropriate sized litter boxes. My preference is the Super Pet
Hi Bac Litter Pan that's 14" x 14" square.

2) Place the litter box in the darkest corner in the bottom of the cage
(such as underneath a shelf)

3) Place a thick layer of old t-shirts, towels, sheets, etc on the cage
floors. Ferrets love to burrow in these to clean themselves and if you
put an inch or two thick layer on the level with the boxes, it makes it
easier for them to step in/out of the box.

I hope you can resolve your problem.

Lynn