From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:14:07 -0700
>From: judi foy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: need advice
>
>hello, my name is Judi and i am sorry that you no longer have your
>rescue due to redtape/political polices and monies. i do apologize
>for needing the help i need due to my own ignorance. i recently heard
>about an unwanted ferret and felt bad that the little guy wasn't being
>treated properly. so i took him. gave him a clean cage and let him out
>to play every day after work for 3 hours. although he is a cute little
>animal he is not for me. Gus needs a young man who can rough house
>with him and not mind the foot fetish and occasional nip on the foot.
>i understand you do not rescue anymore but thought maybe you could
>steer me in the right direction. i was going to put him on the
>internet, but thank God that craig's list tells you that evil people
>go to that site to find animals to torture and mistreat! so i didn't
>do that! if you can help, great. if not, thanks so much for reading
>my e-mail.
>
>Thanks!
>Judi

Hi Judi,

If you check on the internet there is a site called the American Ferret
Association Shelter list and the SOS (Suport Our Shelters) Shelter list
(the one for ferrets) which will list other ferret rescues/shelters for
each state. You can also post on the FML Ferret Mailing List) and
advertise this baby there.

If you are going to try and place this ferret yourself always ask
possible adoptors questions. Take down names, phone numbers and e-mail
addresses. Ask for their vet information so that you can call their vet
to find out what kind of pet owner the person is. It is always best to
ask for an adoption fee which you can forgo later. This way it weeds
out the bad people who are looking for free animals for possible bate
for fighting dogs or for snake food.

Sincerely Debi
Debi Sadowski
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets