Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:50:17 -0800
Simon at Asti's on tree 9 didn't receive gifts from his santa for the
2nd year in a row. Please go to Simon's page and read his story and if
you feel it in your heart, please let Simon know we are not all like
his two santas that didn't come through for him.

I realize perfectly well that ferrets don't know what time of year it
is, but their caretakers do and when a little one doesn't get their
gifts from the Santa that picked them, it hurts the caretakers
emotionally.

And don't kid yourself thinking that ferrets that don't get gifts
don't get their feelings hurt when they see others getting gifts, they
certainly do. I've been living with ferrets for 25+ years and I've seen
it happen when they don't think they are going to get a toy or a treat,
the look on their little faces will rip your heart out if you have any
compassion at all.

Please if you were a santa that didn't come through for whatever reason
and you haven't been in contact with the shelter you picked ferrets
from, have the decency to 'fess up' to the shelter and apologize.
Someone took you at your word, trusted you, and you hurt and betrayed
them. Be an adult and accept the responsibility of your actions.
Apologize for goodness sakes.

And then post to the fml, anonymously if you want, but post the name
and tree number of the ferrets you didn't follow through on. Some
shelter caretakers won't post that their little ones didn't get their
gifts.

It hurts knowing the neglect/abuse/ignorance/sickness these little
innocents go through before they reach the safety of our homes and
shelters, how can anyone NOT follow through?

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org