From:
Stephanie Currier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:29:10 -0400
I have been "picked" or maybe it was a combination of fate and being
picked. When the DMKs were being rescued, I spent time soliciting for
homes for some in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida. I had no intention of
taking any in, I just wanted to help and for Florida ferret folks to do
their part. A friend of mine was taking in three and she kept telling
me I had to get one myself. Eventually I caved.The DMKs were making
their way to us via Jackie and DookNook. My friend was heading up to
Jacksonville to pick them up. I took a peek at their pictures that
Jackie had posted and saw a face I fell in love with, but the only
instructions I gave my friend was to pick out the wildest and craziest
one as I had a rambunctious boy that needed and equally energetic
friend. The following weekend I went to her house to pick up my new
kid. When I got to her house she put hers and mine on the floor, not
telling me which she picked for me. I sat on the floor. Four ferrets
danced and dooked around the room. One war danced up, placed a single
paw on my knee and danced off only to come right back and do it again.
I looked at her face.....could it be ......the one whose picture I fell
in love with? She crawled up my shirt and into my long hair. She dooked
the whole time. She lept off my shoulder and went running off. I looked
at my friend........."Is that one mine?" She gave out a resounding yes
and then said she could not believe she had not nipped me. This ferret
that had danced her way up to me and into my heart had been nipping and
biting everyone in the house.....except me!

What a coincidence that the little face I fell in love with, through
a photo on the internet, had made its way to me and then picked me.
Liberty has been nothing but pure craziness mixed with the sweetest
of personalities. Who says there isn't some cosmic vibe at work.

Dooks and War Dances

Stephanie and the Polecat Parlour Gang