Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:42:23 -0400
Hi All - just wanted to share a little story about never ending
miraculous ferrets

I have two pea pods, a big boy named Gizmo, and a tiny dwarf female
named Vicious. They are both getting on in years, and both are adrenal.
They live in separate compartments of a high rise feisty ferret condo.
Vicky hasn't been feeling well at all for a cpl weeks. She has been
eating less, wasting away, and started showing some weakness in the
back end. All of you long time ferret parents recognize these symptoms
I am sure.

Well last night after another failed attempt to get her to eat or drink
something for the third day in a row, I sat down on the floor to cuddle
her tiny body and have a talk about the Rainbow Bridge. She lay slack
in my hands looking up at me as I explained what the bridge was all
about. I told her that she would see an old friend there, and meet
others she had never known in her earthly life. They were all rescued
just like she was, and they were all loved dearly even after they
crossed. I told her that some day it would be my turn and we would all
reunite at the bridge, and I asked that she help guide all the others
when that day comes.

Then looking at her very seriously I asked her if she was ready to go,
and if she was really ready to let me know. I could almost feel the
eyes of ferrets passed on my back as she and I shared that moment.
Gizmo in his cage stared intently, as if waiting with baited breath.
With a small paw she tapped my face, and wobbled into a ball in my
hand and slept.

I just sort of left it at that and spent a restless, sleepless night
hoping she'd be alive come morning. I got up today and she was tightly
cuddled in her hammie. I watched that little belly lift with each
breath, and left her be while I went to work and tried not to worry.

So tonight I get home and POW she is all psycho ferret. She's devoured
an entire bowl of food, and her water is nearly empty. I let the tiny
terror out and she is biting my feet and bouncing around, in fact she's
still playing full steam 2 hours later. I'm wondering wow she's like a
whole new ferret. Not sure what happened last night, maybe some little
souls were looking out who knows but I am so thankful to have more days
with my Vicious ferret.

Talk to your kids folks, you never know when that talk will be your
last.