From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:59:22 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was just lying in her NEW
lounge chair in front of her cottage. Nice gentle breezes wafting over
her; such a comfortable feeling. The kits were playing elsewhere, so
she had de whole day to herself. Then she heard the flutter of wings
and looked up and in swooped Dexter, de little boy courier. He landed
right by my chair (fortunately, not on it). He said,

"SawaFewwet, How come you is always just laying awound. The west of us
has to work hard all the time. Anyway, I has a message from the Boss.
A fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge and you best hustle yourself and gets
busy. You know He will get upset if you is late. Is there anyone you
want me to get?"

He handed me the note and I read it and told Dexter who to fetch. Then
I headed for the entrance. I was just in time to see an albino fuzzy
with a naked tail waiting fail waiting for me at de entrance. He ran
up to me and started to hug me and be real sweet to me, so I quickly
introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have run on green
grass forever and have lotsa friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He said, "Oh, you mean there are others here! I thought it would just
be you and me. I mean I am not exactly handsome right now, but I used
to be quite the handsome one in my adolescence, then I got sick...
Anyway, do you know my Mommy Laryssa? She was so good to me. Where are
the others at? What do you do here? Oh well since I am here, I guess
my questions don't really matter. By the way, my name is White."

I replied, "White, your questions are so very important and this is the
place to ask. All new fuzzies ask the very same questions. I don't know
your mommy personally although I have greeted many of her fuzzies and I
am sure she was very very good. The others you will meet later and they
will show you all the fun we have here. You have a very nice name and
yes you are a very handsome fuzzy. Just look at how your fur has
improved since you came here."

At that moment he looked at himself and said "Wowsie!" His tail was all
bushy with a hint of tan, and his fur was all furred out. He was so
pleased with himself and he felt so good. So I told him that he would
be getting a pair of wings just like mine--well not exactly like
mine--boy wings--specially designed for him.

We went down de path to the Wing House where the wings were stored. We
opened de door and on the counter was a big box--of course. He opened
de box and took out de wings--Orange with black streaks--sorta like a
monarch flutterby. I helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo.
He turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I
gots an idea.

So we went out de door and down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Laryssa appear. White got so excited he started waving and dooking with
all of his might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. I has wings now just like a
flutter-by and soon I will be able to fly. I have beautiful fur and a
bushy tail and feels lots better now, so please don't worry about me."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of his
love and laid them on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

We left there and went down the road and met this group of fuzzies
and he rushed up to them and greeted them. They were his old friends,
Okojyo, Zip, Frejya, Kieran and Data. Oh boy, were they happy. It
was like the old days. (At least he knew I hadn't been telling him
stories). We continued to run down the road until we came to a big sign
"Laryssa's Place." A number of cottages were around there. A picnic was
set up in the middle of the courtyard, music was a-playing and fuzzies
were running from everywhere. Hey a party was great. I was invited to
stay and dance and eat. But I could see that White was so happy to be
reunited with his friends and to be in his new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter