From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:47:55 -0500
Kesrael,

Yes - tell her to stop asking for Vet advice on the phone & make an
appointment! They can't help her without seeing the dog! Ask how much
an exam is (tell her to explain her financial difficulties) & either
select the cheapest visit or the Vet that will allow partial payment.
I do not know of a Vet in PA that charges more then $50 for an exam
(usually about $35), & if she cannot scrape together that amount then
how can she pay for any "medicines" that someone might recommend on a
"guess"? Seriously, buying a bunch of stuff for the wrong dianosis will
cost more than a visit to the Vet.

Worse case scenario is to find a shelter that will at least have a
Vet look at this poor animal; it may be something easily (& cheaply)
treated - something that she is NOT doing herself. If she can afford
soda, chips, or icecream (or high-speed internet), she can find $35 for
a Vet visit. If she can't afford $35, how can she afford dog food?

I hope other people back me up so you feel comfortable with relaying
this message.

Lisa
who can't afford:
a cell phone
high-speed internet (I'm still on cheap dial-up)
cable or dish TV (I get a total of 3 channels over a rooftop antenna)
but can always afford:
the ferret Vet (120 miles away!)