From:
Arlene Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:23:26 -0500
Hi everyone,

I lost my dear old gentleman ferret Sam on January 5th. That left my
ferret, Pip, 2 1/2, alone. I gave it a little time thinking about what
I was going to do--find another ferret for Pip or (the unthinkable)
re-home Pip with someone who had ferrets for him to play with. After a
lot of searching, I finally found a 7 month old female, chocolate mitt.
Perfect I thought, but Pip had other ideas. First of all, I've shared
my life with ferrets for almost 20 years and I know the difference
between playing rough and not. I realize that Pip would have to 'show
her who is boss', but I was not prepared for him being down right mean,
chasing her at top speed with her fortunately outrunning him most of
the time. When he would catch her, he would scruff her and deliberately
hurt her. When I pried his teeth off of her, her neck was red and the
skin was broken. I'm so disappointed. I thought I was doing the right
thing, but now I wonder. I've gone back to exchanging linens between
them and letting them visit with me holding one or the other. They are
obviously in different cages. I'm mostly worried about Pip. It's like
he's totally changed his personality. Could it be grief? Could he think
that I am replacing Sam with Phoebe? And poor Phoebe! She seemed to
excited to meet him and then he hurt her and she looked so betrayed!
HELP! I need advice please!

--
Love, light and healing,

Arlene Thompson