Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:20:39 EST
I lost a precious 1 yr old ferret, Shakespeare, to a reclining chair
accident. I was always careful with my recliner and never used it when
my ferrets were around or climbed out of it before I easily shut it.
Till that one day I killed my Shakespeare. I thought I was being
careful until that one day I felt around the recliner and got my puppy
and My Gracie ferret out from under it. Couldn't feel Shakespeare and
waited an extra few mins. My son was in the living room at the time and
I asked him if Shakes was around it. He didn't see him at all, so I got
up closing the recliner.

Some may remember, I wrote to the FML the next day that my ferret was
lost and I was searching the whole neighborhood for him and asked if
anyone had any suggestions. To make a long story short I suddenly
remembered the last time I seen him was next to the recliner. I looked
behind and saw his white and black fur body with his head under the
recliner. I screamed like you wouldn't believe. I screamed and I cried
because of my stupidity! I still cry when I think of what I did. I had
to then let everyone on the FML know that Shakes was found and tell
them what happened. I felt (and still feel) like a terrible mom.

So yes, recliners are in my top 3, if not #1. Please, Please be
careful of these items with any small pets including kittens and small
dogs/puppies. I tell this to everyone who has a pet. RIP Shakespeare
and I look for your white butterfly every Sept. It's there every year
playing with Bella.