From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:33:35 -0800
Can you people who bailed on the Christmas gifts just take
resonsibility for it? We all had since the tree was opened to get this
done. There are many options available to you besides just dumping the
ferrets YOU picked- this is assuming that there were no guns being held
to anyone's head. If you all have time and access to a computer to post
and read the FML, you have the time to get onto Ferret Depot's website
and get a small gift certificate sent, or at least contact the shelter
to let them know. It hurts people's hearts when these babies are dumped
at their shelter and it hurts even more that someone would pick them at
a holiday time and then not follow through. The shelter Moms' and Dads'
see enough unpleasantness in everyday life, this is one time of the
year it makes people happy to have the little, unwanted creatures
remembered. If you are not sure you can follow up- don't give everyone
the sense that their little charges have been taken care of. I just
hope you understand the hurt that you are inflicting when you do this.

~Gerri