From:
hockey chica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:14:11 -0700
This past weekend was the GCFA's Greatest Ferret Show on Earth
sponsored by Ferret Depot. The event sponsors were: The Ferret Den of
Milwaukee, Ferret.com, Martin's Cages, and Casey's Hidden Pantry.

Without the help and assistance of the volunteers and judges at the
show, it would not have been as successful as it was. We'd like to
take the time, right now, to publicly thank Scarlett Gray-Saling,
Diane Calhoun, and Chris Sayne for agreeing to be our judges. Chris
even stepped up at the last minute to help us out. Thank you!

Another person which deserves public recognition is Virgil Kinder,
GCFA club president, who besides having a 6 month old daughter in his
arms, and running a 102 degree fever, was able to quickly rectify
the situations which arose. Some may take a week or so to fix (yes,
specialty winners you will be receiving trophies), but the rest were
handled efficiently and professionally. Thank you, Virgil!

For the many volunteers, who gave up their time to set-up, take-down,
steward, check admissions, run the raffle and sales booths, and serve
us hungry and tired souls really yummy burgers and nachos -- we thank
you.

And if you came out to Lake Villa to support the shelter and the show,
we LOVE you! Without your support at the raffle and sales tables as
well as the concession stand, the show would not have been as
successful as it was. Thank you for bearing with us as we trouble shot
some problems and started late, causing us to run pretty late into the
evening.

And for the very generous person, who came through in the 12th hour and
donated to the GCFA's New Location Challenge -- we humbly thank you.
The 90 ferrets in our shelter are dancing right now (although you may
not be able to see them.)

We handed a survey out to attendees this year, and we genuinely
appreciate the feedback. Many of your suggestions were well
thought-out, and we'll try to implement them in upcoming shows.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.

And now, without further ado, this year's Best in Show was Mr. Binky
(Marshall Ferret, early alter). Mr. Binky hails from Chicago, and is
a very handsome 4 year old sable boy.