From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:29 -0700
More about the vet clinic, plus some questions.

We're now hoping that, before the shipment leaves Maine for Addis,
we can find a donation or an economical way to buy basic xray and
ultrasound equipment. (Dr Mitchell is already giving us an Xray
viewer and three plates -- 11" x 14", I think).

Since we've been looking for these donations for some time without
success, we will probably need to purchase the additional equipment.

********Or can some of you vets add to Sandra's donation?********

I just now got a $7,500 quote for this equipment -- would you say he's
offering a substantial discount?

      Yes you are being given a discount.

      Portable x-ray, minxray model 803
      Portable ultrasound, Perlong ultrasound
      model pt6000v

Also, I got this really nice info, from a woman at another company. I
don't know what to answer her re money. Can't find any prices on the
net. Do any of you know what the rock-bottom cost would be for a a
PXP20hf?

      "What I would suggest if you don't have a lot to spend
      is to purchase a PXP20hf portable x-ray unit with a
      mobile table, grid and stand. This gives you flexibility
      of doing both sm and large animal and will save you a
      lot of money with power requirements.

      I will see if I can get you some cassettes aprons, gloves,
      and a used auto processor

      How much for x-ray and accessory's can you spend on
      this, I will do my best at working my friend as a much
      as I can but he will want something?

**********Can any of you help to fund this equipment?**********