From:
Daisy Lyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1993 12:27:00 -0500
Judy,

Hi!! Wow! That would be hilarious! My Nonni does that too, only she has
grips. She can't scale glass or anything like that. Sheesh! <G> Does she
chew the hoses etc? There's always bitter apple...<?>

On hitting. I think it depends on the ferret. I have 5 now, and three kids,
etc etc...if I do the time out with all of them (I don't spank my kids so
it's time out for them) .. so doing time outs for all of them
is...well..impossible. <G>

Besides, it doesn't work om my escape artist either. Seriously though, I
have tried it anmd all they do is go to sleep. :/

Also..............

Guess what???  Can ya guess? We are FIVE now! Hehehe!! She was abandoned
 (The fears I have about ALL the ferrets sold from this pet store) by her
 owner. She is less than one year old. She is a cinnamin just like Nonni and
 Coco. As soon as I put her with them, I totally lost who is who! <G> She is
 a little thin, not bad. I will have to get her shots, I don't know if she's
 had the booster...and...she is THE sweetest thing! Like Bigfoot used to be
 til he realized he was a he. <G> Now he's arrogant.

She went into the cage and I stood by to make sure they wouldn't try and
 kill her. Guess what? No one touched her! They all smelled each
 other......and went to sleep! I've never seen anything like it! She's sweet
 to them too, I spose.

I could tell she hadn't been around ferries since babyhood. She sure as heck
 seemed happy to see them! :)  Her own kind. Maybe Nonni's age.

She is MF, I saw the tatoos on the ear. I should not have gotten her, but I
 couldn't just leave her. They were selling her at a reduced price, and I was
 afraid she'd get back into the same situation..

AND I am SICK TO DEATH of every idiot I see shuddering at ferrets!! A guy at
 the store...when I was talking to the new one..he shook his head at
 me..that's okay I spose, I was talking to a ferret...but then I told him I
 had four more at home. He shook his head in disgust.

Another guy comes in, I'm holding her...he starts telling me how awful
 ferrets were...I said I had four more at home. He said "UGH!"

There are more. The worst is my ex. But I think 85 % of the population don't
 like ferrets and believe the myths. AGH!!

I'm going to talk to the kids' teachers (Got this idea from Kirk) and see if
 I can bring them to visit. :)

UPDATE Still not alot of fighting, except Foxy..because she's the top ferret
according to them anyway. I spose she had to establish her dominance...<?>
If ferrets do that. That is what it looked like.

As soon as she got to know them...she's as wild and crazy as the rest..:)

I need a bigger cage...I'm still working on the room for them. :)

                        Daisy.Lin..
 ..Foxy, Nonni, Coco, and Pogo, and ???? yet..
        "We're FIVE Wiiild and Crazy American Ferrets!!
               ^^^^

Oh, also...I'm not going to say anything to the kids...I'll let them
 discover them. LOL! I can't wait! :D   I'm SO happy they all get along. The
 ferrets I mean...not the kids...the kids hate each other. <GGG>

Whoever is on the ferret mailing list will see this twice...<G>