From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 1001 14373 33 37_Thanks and Adam and MIA santa ferrets16_Troy Lynn [log in to unmask], 25 Jan 2010 07:46:23 -0800548_- First - Warm thanks to everyone stepping up for the MIA santas! It does
a heart good!

Second - I have two oldsters that have the same problem as Adam. I use
a soft folded in half hand towel or bath towel (depending on size of
bed) underneath them in their bedding so they are laying on the hand
towel but the bedding is under it and over them, they can still snuggle
in their soft warm bedding comfortably. The towel soaks up the mess and
keeps it off the bedding for the most part. I've tried several things
but [...]36_25Jan201007:46:[log in to unmask] 1001 14407 19 18_Shelter Experience17_Cindy [log in to unmask], 25 Jan 2010 22:51:11 -0600472_- I just wanted to let everyone know that Shannon at Ferret Dreamers
Rescue Haven has not returned Annie to my sister. My sister adopted her
and Annie had a forever loving home. We both miss and love her so much.
She was the sweetest little girl and loved giving kisses. I just can't
understand how Shannon can tell you to do one thing, then completely
turn everything around. She is only hurting the ferret and people that
truly love little Annie. [...]45_25Jan201022:51:[log in to unmask] 1001 14427 29 38_Ferret Rescue in Mid Michigan - [log in to unmask], 26 Jan 2010 16:54:14 -0800325_- I'm sorry I didn't post any updates about the ferret who's owners were
thinking of turning him lose if they could not find anyone to take him.

We had contacted the owners and told them that we can find a home for
their ferret and were ready to get him. At that time they were not
ready to give him up. [...]39_26Jan201016:54:[log in to unmask] 1001 14457 29 30_Gidget Arkansas Ferret Shelter14_Heather [log in to unmask], 26 Jan 2010 17:36:32 -0500584_- I just read Saturdays FML and was shocked to find that Gidget from the
Arkansas Ferret Shelter did not receive a package. My shock came from
the fact that I am the Santa for Gidget and I have USPS delivery
confirmation that the package arrived on December 11, 2009.

I'm hoping that there was a mistake in reporting which shelter ferret
didn't get a gift because I have not had an email from anyone at the
Arkansas Ferret Shelter regarding the lack of a gift. The address that
was provided when I picked Gidget was 15539 White Oak Rd, Fayetteville,
[...]40_26Jan201017:36:[log in to unmask] 1001 14487 58 14_I need to [log in to unmask], 26 Jan 2010 06:56:08 -0800520_- When you have a very sick ferret sick to the point they can hardly walk
or can't walk and do not want to eat. How do you know whether its time
to put them down or force feed them hoping they will pull through?

I have tried to syringe feed very ill ferrets before and they have
struggled to pull and crawl away. It feels like I'm torturing them.
Over the last couple years I have had 4 ferrets that I have had to put
down. I tried to syringe feed them but it seemed to be doing more harm
[...]39_26Jan201006:56:[log in to unmask] 1001 14546 34 25_Tigger and His Sleep Sack9_Sue Hay
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:31:34 EST
Wow what a weekend. Did you all see the football game between the
Vikings and the Saints. What a game!

The big winners were the ferrets. If you missed the post last week,
April Bigoname was up to her usual shenanigans. Because of good old
fashioned team rivalry she challenged Tim Cairns of Melatek. Totally
Ferret would donate 1 lb. of food to SOS for every point the Vikings
scored, and if the won, they would donate an additional 30 lbs. of
food. Melatonin countered with, they would donate 1 Melatonin implant
for every point the Saints made if they won.

The final score was Saints 31/Vikings 28. So SOS has 30 (TF rounded it
out) more pounds of food and 31 more Melatonin implants to help ferrets
in need.

On behalf of SOS, a great big thank you to Totally Ferret and Melatek.
This was a fun way to help the ferrets.

Robin Jones
http://www.supportourshelters.org