Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:40:25 -0700
For those of you who don't know me, I am Kimberly Emerson and I own and
operate Pingford's Porridge in Montana. I happen to live 2 short hours
from the Canadian border which is why Mary contacted me in the first
place regarding Breeze and her current situation in a Canadian shelter.

I am in complete and utter shock at the response of the FRES
representative with whom Vicki spoke. A shelter's mission is to provide
for needy, homeless ferrets. Breeze is not homeless, and her only
current need is to be returned to her loving and capable home in the
US. They have an opportunity to return a ferret to a wonderful home
environment and they're choosing to pass on that? Even though returning
Breeze to Vickie would cost them nothing since Vickie has offered to
pay not only for travel but also for any costs the shelter has incurred
in the way of care for Breeze? Unacceptable and appalling.

I'm compelled to add that any hope of keeping this "quiet" will quickly
dissolve if swift and decisive action is not taken on the part of FRES.

FRES has the opportunity to do the right thing for both Breeze and her
human family. My hope is that FRES acts as a shelter should; In the
best interest of the ferrets.

Kimberly Emerson
www.PingfordsPorridge.com