From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:11:11 -0400
I ordered a fuzzy love t-shirt. One can never have too many ferret
shirts! This is another good quality t-shirt that is good for both
genders and would make a great gift! It's nice to see good quality
ferret shirts being offered for sale these days.

The other night I heard Serena grrrr so I got up to see what was going
on. I taught Serena to gently break up ferret fusses for me, which she
does when she feels like it (go figure). Apparently she's heard me
hollar at the ferrets for fighting and when she runs to break up a
fuss if they don't stop fussing she grrrrr's at them. It's not quite
a growl, and she's not being mean, but I guess she figures grrrring
is worth a try when the ferrets won't stop fussing.

Here's the scenario - We hear the ferrets or see them getting into a
fuss, Serena looks at me and I tell her to 'break it up'. She runs over
and puts her big ole muzzle (well it is big to the ferrets!) in between
the fussing ferrets and tries to push them apart. Most times they run
off in separate directions, but other times they pay her no mind,
especially if Sully is the bully. Sully IS NOT intimidated by a 19.4 lb
ferruppy! Then she keeps her head down and grrrrr's at them. Typically
this gets their attention and gives her enough time to move them apart
with her muzzle. But sometimes even this doesn't work, then she looks
at me with pleading eyes to come break up the fuss which I dutifully
do. When I have to break up the fuss the ferrets face a terrible
punishment.... I let Serena give them a big sloppy kiss on the face.
Ewwwww! Ewwww! Ewwww! Puppy cooties!!!!

A few evenings I've come home to bedding from my bed going hither and
yon and on the floor. I'm not sure if the ferrets might be fussing
under the covers or if Serena just likes to mess up my bedding! My
suspicion is the latter.

Ah well, life with ferrets and a ferruppy (pup that thinks she's a
ferret) is quite entertaining.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org