Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:29:15 -0400
Join us, Saturday, Aug. 29rd at Veteran's Memorial Hall,
300 W. Broad Street, (downtown) Columbus, Ohio!

The FERRET BUCKEYE BASH is a 3 Ring Championship, Companion Ring and
All Specialty Show, presented by HEART OF OHIO FERRET ASSOCATION and
RESCUE and sanctioned by the American Ferret Association. Again this
year, we are proud to have The FerretDepot.com as our title sponsor.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is one of the largest ferret shows in the USA.
Many of you saw highlights of the Ferret Buckeye Bash on the PBS
special, Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence. This exciting PBS special
produced by Mark Lewis in 2006 has been shown in reruns each year since
2007 on public broadcasting stations all over the US giving all an
inside perspective of the world of ferrets.

HIGHLIGHTS!

Again we have our Annual Photo Contest where the winner is featured on
the cover of our show catalog. Bring a photo of your ferret and enter
our PHOTO Contest for a chance for your ferret to be on the cover in
2010!. All photos must be done by an amateur -- no professional photos
please. Voting will be done at the Ferret Buckeye Bash. You vote for
the winner and each vote will cost a minimal fee and proceeds will be
donated to a needy shelter. There is more information on the contest
posted on our website -- www.hofarescue.org.

The infamous Bob Church will be with us again to help you learn how to
"enrich" your ferret's life, how your ferrets dental health effects
him/her and more. We hope to have a couple other speakers and Kim
Schilling of Ferrets for Dummies will be with us again. There will be
a photographer available for photos of your ferrets with ribbons,
trophies or just one of the many fun props available.

We have several fun events for you. Bring a costume for your ferret
and compete in the Best Dressed Ferret contest, get ready to test your
ferret's tube skills in the tube races. How fast can your ferret escape
a paper bag? Do you think you have the best kisser? We even Elvis and
Twiggy contests. There will so much for you and your ferret(s) to
participate in.

Don't forget our AWESOME raffle! Remember, it's your generous donations
that make this such an awesome raffle. So, if you have something to
donate to the raffle, please contact Julie Dyke at
[log in to unmask] or
Jackie Ferguson at [log in to unmask]

Donations are also accepted at the show on show day. We appreciate
your donations and remember, if you wish an ad in our show catalog in
exchange for your donation, please make sure you make a note of that
and get your artwork in to FBB, P.O. Box 15753, Columbus, OH 43215 or
to e-mailed to me by the deadline of AUG. 15.

WE STILL NEED SPRONSORS for our many of our specialty rings and cham
pionship rings. What a great way to advertise your business be it
ferret related or not. You can even sponsor in memory of a lost loved
one. Contact me at [log in to unmask] for available rings.

VENDORS At this time, we still have room for more vendors. Last year we
had over 30 GREAT vendors so there will be shopping galore to do. So
come and enjoy the shopping, great raffle, exceptional speakers, fun
events and the camaraderie of your fellow ferret fanatics!

Show registration paperwork with vendor, hotel and other information
is available in PDF format from our website: www.HOFARESCUE.org. There
is also an E-mail Format entry form for e-mailing in your entries and
either paying via PayPal or mailing in your check. If you are unable
to download, contact me at [log in to unmask] and I will snail-mail it
to you.

Remember, all ferrets in the show hall should have a current distemper
vaccination and MUST have a record of a current rabies (Imrab 3)
vaccination. A current (within 6 months prior to show date) ADV
negative test results from one of the labs listed in the registration
paperwork is also required.

The Ferret Buckeye Bash is Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and
Rescue's main fundraiser. It's through the support of our generous
sponsors, club members, exhibitors, vendors, speakers and attendees,
we are able to offer this wonderful educational event to the public.
Thereby, enabli ng HOFA-Rescue to maintain our shelter and provide
necessary support and care for so many homeless ferrets in Central
Ohio.

Hope to see everyone there!

Scarlett

Scarlett Gray-Saling, Event Coordinator, Ferret Buckeye Bash

Julie Dyke, Co-coordinator, President
Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue

www.HOFARescue.org

FERRET BUCKEYE BASH
Championship and All Specialty Ferret Show
Vendors, Speakers, Raffle & Much More
Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009
Veteran's Memorial Hall (show hall)
300 W. Broad St.