From:
alistair jolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:03:53 +0100
Hi, If there are any linux users on here who have difficulty viewing
the bff cam (browser plugins can be a real pain !) I stumbled across
this solution. Open your favorite media player, I use kaffeine, look
for an option to open location, eg: File>Open URL. Then copy and paste
this link;

mms://NZPWMserver1.si.edu/bff

I found the link by looking at the page source for the National Zoo
site, Line 1249,Col 30.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/NorthAmerica/default.cfm?cam=BFF.

This should also work for media players on other operating systems but
I only use opensuse

Hope this is of use

Alistair

[Moderator's note: Suggestion: VLC, from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
is available for a large number of systems and is free. BIG]