From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:09:22 -0700
Greetings FMLers,

This morning I had a visit with a friend who brought me a 5 month old
male, Blaze, deaf ferret. He is absolutely gorgeous and filled with
youthful spunk and spontaneity.

My friend showed me how she started working with him with hand signals
and Ferretatone so I will continue with that.

He is currently separated from the rest of the clan as he was found
wandering a few weeks ago in a local county park and will not see the
vet til next week. He looks in good health and sure seems like a happy
little guy. I am hoping my ambassador bears will warm up to him as they
usually do. If not I will get another young un for him to pal with.

He is a MF's kid and larger than so many I have seen over the years. My
friend thought he was about 5 months or so. You can see the youthful
movements, uncertainty and need to refine skills. He definitely needs
a large water dish (alias swimming hole). He seems to enjoy trying to
fit his body into the 6" crock in the kitchen. Perhaps he and Edgar
Cayce will become fast friends of the H2O. Eggie needs a towel when he
visits the kitchen crock - you can see and hear him as he fulfills his
Coxswain rhythm. Stroke (splash) - Stroke (splash) - Stroke (splash).
Ah, but they are happy, wet bears.

so anyone want to share any interesting deaf ferret facts with me,
recommendations etc? I'm always open to suggestions from those who
have gone before me!

Thanks for your help!
Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks