From:
Chris Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:59:50 -0700
Wow! This brought tears to my eyes

Not sure if this is a sign of hope or a sign that my baby Ramas will
go soon. I am a new ferret mom, and wow, the couple weeks he has been
in my home and care, he has snuck up into my heart so deep. He is only
four months and 10 days old. I have had home now for almost a month.
During this month, his activity has decreased drasticly. he has not
gained any weight. He is more prone to just cuddle up with me then play
like he did when he first came home. His poor little bones are sticking
out. We went for our shots 3 weeks ago now and I was told to give him
nutrical by the vet and if he did not improve to bring him back in for
some blod work and other tests.

Well, we went to the vet today, as I had met a couple other ferrets
this past weekend who are a month younger then he is, and they are
twice his size and weight. This made it hit home hard that this was
serious. I had been in denial, but could not any longer. So I took him
in. and after the tests. I learned that his liver enzimes are very low
and that he will not survive like this. I will be doing everything I
can to keep him comfortable until he can not go on. I will take it
day to day. Pray for him, and feed him extra meat, and ensure he is
drinking, and eating and comfortable.

So thank you for that story about the bridge and No. 421 greeting
Jackson....it is fitting for me to know he will be welcomed by others
of his kind.