From:
sara levien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 09:17:47 -0500
I first laid my eyes on Weebel and his "sister" YoYo when they came
into the animal shelter all skin and bones and only 3-4 months old. I
planned to foster them both and bring them back to health and of course
when it came time to bring them back to the shelter I just couldn't do
it, I already loved them.

Weebel was adiquatly named as he put on the pounds and Weebel could
wobble but not fall down. He had is bout with ulcers but came around
quick. He was the deaf kid in a group of 6 but you'd never know. Such
a beatufil panda (though now is just white with scant silver). He ran
and played with the best of them and never once laid a tooth on anyone
(human or ferret). Such a sweet boy.

Just a few days ago he unexpectidly took a turn for the worst. Dropping
weight and refusing to eat. His BG was fine and after a night of at
home force feedings and fluids his blood work only told us that he had
low calcium and phosphorus. With no answers and no end insight to his
suffering we decided to take him to that same shelter that brought him
to us and help him cross the bridge. One of the most heart wrenching
things we will ever do.

We have asked the vet to try and find out what went wrong so as to get
some answers and make sure our other kids are safe.

In celebration of his life I took all our fuzzies outside for a romp in
the grass and some digging in the dirt. At no point did they leave me
alone, at any given moment someone was with me making sure I was ok.
Such amazing creatures. We have them for such a short time and they
leave with such a big piece of our heart (Thanks Staci).

Mr. Weebs we will miss you dearly, please visit when you get settled.