From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 15:45:16 -0400
Hospice Dad Greg Jandris has created a blog about last weekends trip
with ferrets to Boston Children's Museum.

<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-day-at-bcm.html>
Another Day at the BCM

Last Saturday, May 16th, I packed up JJ and some supplies, ( treats and
food for JJ, and paper towels, a plastic Market Basket bag, and a scoop
to clean up when necessary), and we headed into the Boston Children's
Museum to do a ferret "Critter Day". I started off in good time, but at
the bank discovered my ATM card was broken so I had to run back home
and get my checkbook in order to get some cash, so that threw a wrench
into the works. For a while I kept the music down low so as not freak
out my little companion, but then I remembered he is deaf as a post, so
I got to listen to tunes on the way in. I still managed to get there 10
minutes before we opened, but I had hoped to get there at 10:30 to help
with bringing everything up. Oh well.

Dino and I were on the second floor right next to the big chess set
with, JJ, Elrich, Destiny, Blossom, and Barney. Alicia and Skyla were
upstairs on the third floor with a bunch too, although I don't know who
was with them ferret wise. It didn't take long before the kids found us
and we were greeting them and letting them meet the ferrets. We had a
playpen set up for the ferrets to frolic in, and so the kids could see
the ferrets being ferrets. Dino's bunch was out first, JJ couldn't be
out with them because he doesn't get along with other ferrets. We would
pick up one of the ferrets and let the kids meet them and touch them
and answer any questions they might have. JJ was resting up for his
turn, which came soon enough, after an hour or so, the ferretwise guys
got tired, so Dino put them in to nap and JJ got to come out.

He really liked the playpen and all the stuff that was in there to
look at and play with. He even used the litter box while he was there,
something he didn't do in his travel house, in there he just went where
ever he felt like. At one point on the trip in, he had his front feet
in the litter box, and was pooping on the floor beside it! He's an
independent ferret to the core. He liked to go into the little pup tent
that was there but never got to stay long because someone would come by
and want to meet him. He was such a good boy! I was very proud of him,
he put up with a lot that day and didn't complain once! We met quite a
few nice people and had a lot of fun. We were there from 11am to 3pm,
and afterwards, we parked the ferrets and our stuff in a safe place and
went to eat. This gave JJ time to rest up so that on the way home he
could bounce off the walls of his travel house and generally drive me
nuts. Kept me alert though!

more of Greg's Ferrety posts can be read
at: http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/