From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:00:32 -0700
Thank you, Scott.

Just a little clarification about this weekend. Tulip Time 2009 is the
80th anniversary of this festival. The Coordinator of Kinderplaats
invited the West Michigan Ferret Connection to attend Kinderplaats.
He apparently saw my picture in the Grand Rapids Press with Mason at
the Grand Rapids Library and cut out the picture.

Kinderplaats is a major children's activity held during the first
weekend of the Holland Tulip Time Festival intended to provide
children's activities (ages 2-12). There's an admission fee per child.
Adults & babies (under 2) are free. I was told last year 3,728 kids
attended ... over 9,000 "guests" when they added parents, grandparents,
relatives & friends.

This is not an event for ferret kids ..... only human kids.

Those of you who know me or met me at the Portland Symposium know how I
feel about kids. I don't do kids well, but I DO like animal-lover kids.
I relayed my feelings to the Coordinator and he let me know other
animal groups would be there, too, so I would not be alone. My friends,
God bless 'em, after they finished laughing, offered their assistance.
I may be calling my doctor to see if he has any Valium samples.

The listing I received showed 50 activities, including the ferrets from
the West Michigan Ferret Connection and their friends. Most of the
ferrets participating are from the WMFC although there will be a few
coming from outside the shelter (Scott's Ruby & June's Doyle, Rhys &
Galen).

Kinderplaats 2009 will be held Saturday, May 2, from 10am - 6pm and
Sunday, May 3, from Noon - 6pm.

The location is at Window on the Waterfront, 6th & College, Holland MI.

Wish us luck.

Dee West Michigan Ferret Connection