Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:37:39 -0400
Our shelter is seeing more and more ferrets that are from previous
homes that under foreclosure and job loss. I have 6 ferrets from that
situation and one previous owner was even pregnant with another child.
Her husband as well as herself lost their jobs, their home is being
foreclosed and they have a little one on the way. Jobs around her are
so hard to find, especially if you have a college degree. Employers
around her are looking for high schoolers or individuals without
degrees. If you have a degree, you are considered over qualified :(

Anyhow, thankfully most of my time at the moment is spent on the
ferrets. I am on workers compensation and have surgeries in the future.
I had one this past Monday and I have another this up coming Monday and
another sometime after that. I have a volunteer cleaning the cages and
playing with them while I am on bed rest (2 months to go :( ) Anyhow,
Marlene has also seen a lot more in our Richmond section. I just pray
our economy improves so that our poor little ferrets don't suffer
heart breaks. I know it is not completely possible, but okay to dream.

Kris Church LVT
Co-Director
Richmond Ferret Rescue League
http://www.RichmondFerretRescueLeague.org