From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:15:04 -0700
I would like to say a few things on this subject.

First, Kris and Mary, You two are awesome! You have worked so hard over
the years with getting the tree up every year for the past decade or so
and I think I speak for all the ferret rescues and shelters by saying
THANK YOU. I remember from talking to you how over whelmed you were
Kris when the DMK rescue took place. You broke your rules by allowing
the rescues/shelters to post their regular 10 ferrets AND 10-15 of the
DMK kids they took in on the tree. With Kris working 10-12 hour days
and doing the tree, I had gotten the impression his family was taking
a back seat to the tree. I thought I had remembered someone last year
making suggestions to help the tree run more smoothly that would also
give Kris & Mary more time for a personal life. I could be wrong and
if I am I apologize, I thought there was a reply to the effect that if
someone thought they could make the tree more efficient to go ahead.

Then this month a link was posted for the Ferret Giving Tree on one
of my Yahoo Ferret Groups so I decided to check it out. There were
a couple of ferrets on the tree already and I followed the new
instructions to start my rescue account so I could directly post pics
and stories of each of my rescue ferrets and I posted 4 of my rescues.
I thought to myself, "This is GREAT! No more misunderstandings of my
information and now I would have the name of the person and their
e-mail address who is a Secret Santa for one of my kids." I received an
e-mail from Melanee saying she was testing the new program out to see
if their were any bugs in the system and it wans't actually up yet to
start posting. Melanee asked for help with different sections to make
sure they worked correctly, such as pictures automatically being
rezised. During this I had no idea that Kris knew nothing about this
tree, I had assumed they were working together. I feel bad as YES, Kris
should have been notified that someone else wanted to do the tree this
year and if it was ok to do so, but Melanee should not be condemned for
trying to help by donating her time to do this. Kris & Mary deserve a
break for years of dedication for doing the tree and they deserve to
be able to enjoy the Christmas season with their own family, so Kris
I hope you will take it this way. People also need to remember that
Melanee just as Kris & Mary do not get paid for putting up and running
the tree, they donate their time to do this.

The Ferret Giving Tree is solely to to help out the ferret rescues &
shelter & the ferrets they care for, NOT for personal glory. SO please
remember that that fact before slamming someone who is just trying to
help us rescues/shelters out. It's ALL about the FERRETS and the people
who give their time & love to care for unwanted, abandoned and
neglected ferrets. OK, I'm done, Ive said my piece.

Debi Sadowski
Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue Established in 1998