From:
Melanie Prarat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:15:16 -0400
Hi all, I have not been keeping up with the list lately b/c I am in the
process of moving and job searching and etc., but I was hoping someone
could offer some advice about ferret vets in the Dayton, Ohio area. I
am moving there September 5th. I had a good vet in Old Lyme, CT that
has taken care of all of Rascal's booster vaccinations and annual exams
but I need to find a new one in Ohio - any advice?

Also, just a quick note - Keep your ferrets COOL!!! I am quite upset
right now - I just found out a friend's ferret DIED from heat and
dehydration because she did not have an air conditioned house, and it
has been extremely hot and humid on the Connecticut shoreline lately.
I get very upset when I hear about uneducated ferret owners, and it is
very disturbing that a friend and co-worker of mine had neglected to
learn about ferret health and how delicate ferrets are in the heat of
summer. Please, tell your less educated ferret friends and owners how
important it is to keep ferrets cool when it is hotter than 85
degrees!!! Please!

Thanks!
Melanie and Rascal (who in enjoying the air conditioning very much!)