Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 02:52:18 -0400
Hi Susan,

Good Heavens? Flamed?? No reason at all. And THANK YOU for having the
courage to post this accident. It will give so many more folks the
knowledge that ferrets do survive horrible injuries. You did EVERYTHING
possible for this ferret, and hats off to you for taking on not one,
but 2 hind paraplegic ferrets. I've had 5 here at the shelter over the
years - each different reasons. The most incredible had to be Buttkiss,
our silver mitt who was turned in from animal control. He went on
become our greatest therapy ferret- vet diagnosed him with degenerative
spinal disease when he was 6 1/2 years old- (everything else was ruled
out after exhaustive testingx-rays)

He lived to be 8.

SH*T happens. God Bless you for doing everything right. And not
opting to just say "Oh,please, just put him down NOW".

Any day that a ferret wakes up, has love from their owner, a cage mate,
eats, poops- well, that's a great day.

Good luck, God Bless, and it was also wonderful that your vet was
sensible- and that your friend said- Give him back his cage mate!

If you get flamed, poop on them. I guarantee you that there are
hundreds of bad ferret accidents where the owners are just plain
scared to discuss it on an open forum.

Hugs,

Marlene Blackburn
Director