Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:05:47 -0800
From:
While I liked the *quick fix* of Duct Tape, I have a couple of
ferrets that are just waiting for me to provide them with this
instant blockage.

Others would never mess with it, and be fine.

Another idea, not as quick, but easy and fast. No sewing required.

Measure the shelves and add 1/2 inch all around.

Buy enough felt by the yard to cover your shelves.

Buy permanent fabric glue, be sure it says permanent, not *washes out*.

Buy some grosgrain ribbon for ties

Cut the felt to size plus 1 inch for the top.

Cut a strip about 4 inches wide to fit under one end of the shelf,
forming a pocket.

Glue in place around the edges.

Cut slits for the ramp hooks to go through.

Glue ties to the back of the cover.

Let glue dry .

Felt does not fray, so no seam turning, etc.

Easy, done.

Ramp covers can be made using a *tube* of felt. Cut slits for the
hooks, slip over the top end, put ramp in place.

Not as nice as what our wonderful bedding makers are sewing, but
good in a pinch, and nicer than duct tape.

Ardith