From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:21:49 -0500
Things had slowed down at the Bridge, and No. 421 was doing some
much-needed repairs to his cabin. He had just stopped to rest for a
little while, when Oliver, his currier came puffing up the path.

Hey, No 421," Oliver greeted his boss. "I has a verrrrrry difficult job
for us to do. The Receiving Angel said I. Jones is coming our way, and
he has ferret family here. We need to find him a mound to live in, and
maybe he can help us find family later. What do you think?"

No. 421 was already brushing the dust off of his overalls, and the two
started up to the Bridge. A ferret was standing on the path to the
Bridge talking to a butterfly. Several birds were looking at him as he
rolled over for them. Birds can fly, but they cannot roll over and they
just watched him do his tricks in utter amazement.

"Hallo, hallo," called No. 421. "Who goes there? What are you doing
rolling around?"

Hi, I'm Jones, Indiana Jones, and who are you? I remember I went to
sleep somewhere and now I'm here. Am I dreaming, or am I really
someplace?"

"I am Bridge Greeter No. 421 and I am here to welcome you to the
Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 said. "You came here because your time on
earth was through. You were very sick. You will live on in the hearts
of your hooman family forever, but for now, you will live here with
us. Someday, they will come to get you, and you will all be together
again."

Jones looked around. "Will all of these animals be here for me to play
with? Can I do tricks for them?"

No. 421 told Jones he could entertain them when he felt like it, but
for now, they needed to find him a place to live, and taking him by the
paw, the two walked over to the edge of the Field of Dreams. Oliver was
scurrying around looking for someone with a spare room in their mound.
He had found a nice mound that was in need of a little fixing up, and
decided he had better take Jones home with him for a few days.

A couple of ferrets that lived next door came over to Oliver asking
what he was doing in the old mound. Seems the ferrets who had lived
there had gone to be with their hooman family, and the mound had just
fallen to decay. After looking it over, the three ferrets decided it
could be fixed up, and work would get underway the next day.

Oliver took Jones home with him for supper, and on the way they stopped
at Bakin' Bertha's to pick up some of Honey's Paw Print Cookies.

"Can I send word home to my Mom that I am fine and will wait here for
her? Jones asked. "I really miss them, and I would like her to know I'm
fine now."

Oliver called over to No. 421 who was standing at the edge of the
field. "Jones here would like to send word home," Oliver told his boss.
"Do you think you can fine either Shooting Star or Gentle Breeze?"

No. 421 called for the Shooting Star, and as she dipped low to hear the
message, Jones whispered for her to tell his Mom he loved her, and he
would look down on her every now and then. He wanted her to know he had
found a home, and construction would begin the next day. He was happy
and was feeling good again.

Then Jones did his famous roll over for Shooting Star. She patted him
on the head with one point, and sped away to deliver her message.

Oliver and Jones went home to Oliver's mound and the two sat down to a
supper of kibble, ferretvite, and cookies.

No. 421 went back to his cabin and made a list of everything they would
need to fix up the mound. He would pick it all up tomorrow. Jones
seemed to be settling in nicely, and after they were through working on
the mound he was going to ask Jones to teach him that roll over trick.
He bet that would impress the girls.

Taking his logbook off the shelf he wrote - mission accomplished -

Dooks to all.